Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What a great 2 days it has been here. It seems like I have been here a super long time! I don't even know where to began. God has been doing so much in my heart. Wow! 2 days ago I wrote on my trip here, but I haven't figured out how to get it to connect to my blog right now. When I do I will post it.
I have been teaching school. That is crazy in and of itself. God has given me much wisdom. The students are suppose to understand English. Many of them do. But alot of them pretend not to understand this makes it very difficult. I am trying to learn Spanish sometimes I get confused when I am teaching and speaking English because of this.
The family that I am staying with is great. They are alot of fun and are trying to help me learn Spanish and teach school. My friend Laura is a great help as well. She speaks spanish very well. It is a great joy to be together with her. Today we were able to share the gospel with a teacher at our school. Her name is Pamela and she seems so close to coming to Christ.
One of the cool things here is that we can talk about God as much as we want at the school. There are not many true believers...but we are able to speak of Christ as much as we want. This is so exciting to me.
I know this is a bunch of ideas that probably don't go together, but I wanted to let you all know how I have been doing and thank you for praying for me. Please continue to pray for wisdom with my classes and my learning of Spanish.
My mind is very tired right now, but I am so thankful to God for His strength and wisdom for today. The verse I taught to my sixth grade class this morning was "My flesh and my heart many fail but God is my strength and my portion forever." So true in my life too.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you tonight. That is a wonderful verse to encourage yourself with. I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! how exciting! thank you so much for posting! look forward to more posting in the future!!

    loves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost called you as I was driving home last night. I'm so glad things are going well for you in this adventure! :) Love you tons and we'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for you as you serve the King

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you Bethany! You'll learn Spanish in no time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss you! less 100 days till I get to see you!!!! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete