Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Eyes on the Sky...

Right now I am sitting on my bed and glancing out the window up at the sky. It is starting to get dark and clouds look really pretty!
What an interesting week this last week has been. Monday I was ready for the week. We went to school, and I was very excited to teach. Monday afternoon the Ex-president of Honduras came back into the country. (He had been kicked out of the country previously because He was attempting to change the Constitution. The country is divided over this issue. Because of this, there are manifestations of different acts. So the country made it mandatory for everyone to stay inside from 4 in the afternoon Monday to 6 am Tuesday. But Monday evening they extended this curfew until 6pm Tuesday. The same thing happened Tuesday night, they extended the curfew until 6 pm Wednesday. So we have been stuck inside :). Here we have to buy water, and our water supply ran out Tuesday night. But praise God that this morning, they gave hours from 10-5 to go shopping and get supplies.
We went to the store, right up the street. When we got there the line to get in, was worse than any Black Friday line I have ever seen. It was the whole length of the store, but just a great bunch of people not in much order. It looked like we would be waiting all day...we decided to go to another super market. This one was letting everyone it, but the store was packed. We waited in line 2 1/2 hours to get our food!!!
Curfew is now in effect again as it is after 5pm. I am not sure how long it will last, the last I heard it was going to be up at 6pm tonight. But it really doesn't make sense that they would let us to go the store today if that were the case. So we are just waiting...:)
Praise God that the place I am staying is a gated community so we can go outside of the house and get fresh air.
We have been watching the news a lot here and it has been showing Obama giving different speeches on how he wants peace in the Middle East...It sounds like the end times. Who knows the hour...not even the Son of Man...I am keeping my eyes on the sky and continually waiting for Christ's return!

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay safe!!! And hopefully the curfew will end soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...life is so different in other countries! Praying for you. Yes, I agree with you it certainly seems like we are in the end times. So much is going on...all over the world...

    ReplyDelete