Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hard Times :)

One of the hardest things that I have faced in the last couple weeks, is not being able to share Christ with people. I never realized how much I love telling people about what God has done in my life, and listening to what is going on in their lives. Since I have not been able to do this God has opened my eyes as to what a privilege it is to speak of His love. I have been able to start some conversations with a couple people by asking some questions...but I am never able to finish them because I can't speak. Another thing that is difficult, is that I am view differently because I can't speak with people. This is very tough!
Last night I was super frustrated; God reminded me that I am nothing. I am an instrument of God's grace. God is the one who changes people's hearts. Even though right now I cannot speak with them, I can show God's love and I can PRAY. God knows English and He can understand me... so I can pray for all of these people that I desire to come to know God. God is the one that changes their hearts. He cares more about these people than I do!
I am thankful for times of frustration like these because it forces me to get on my knees and turn to God and be completely depended on Him. I am so glad that He uses situations to draw my heart closer to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart. We are praying for you. We will be praying for the people that you meet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, you are so prepared for this life. I remember having a conversation with you on my couch and how excited you were to be able to use all the different gifts that God has given you to share about Him. I will be excited to continue to read about the impact this experience will have on you and your ministry. Don't be discouraged. God uses everyone, even though's with disadvantages. I have a lot of faith in you. I will continue to pray for you my friend. Just keep looking up. (This is Christina Chastain by the way, I couldn't get my log in to work so I used Ronnie's)

    ReplyDelete