Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Happenings

Many of you have asked how you can stay in touch with me as I travel to Honduras. So I am creating this site and I hope to update it, as well as facebook.

Just a brief overview of what God has been doing in my life lately. This last May marked the end of my 3 years working at Lowes as an installed sales coordinator. God taught me many things through the years there..but that is another story.
I left Lowes to be a camp counselor at Lake Ann this summer. Again God did many things as I watched Him work in my campers hearts and in my own as well. Probably the biggest lesson that I learned this summer, was to trust God with the next step of my life. I don't have to know the future steps, only what is next. My first couple weeks at Lake Ann, I began to pray about what God would have me to do at the end of the summer. Half way through the summer I still had no idea. I kept reminding myself to trust with all my heart in God and not live by my own understandings. Three weeks before camp was out God provided the opportunity for me to go to Honduras to teach school.
So as of right now I am going to Honduras to teach English Grammar for the year. One of my friends from camp is actually the one who presented this opportunity and we are going together. Also while we are there, we will be involved in the church and several different ministries. One of my other goals is to learn to speak Spanish.
I definitely would appreciate your prayers as I go. Although I have been able to teach in many different settings, having my own classes is a new experience completely, and as you can tell from this post, grammar was not one of my favorite subjects in school. :) Right now that would be my biggest prayer request. Also just getting all the last minute details around and ready would be another request.
Keep me informed as to what God is doing in your lives as well. It is always encouraging to hear those stories. And let's keep serving our King together!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear what you're doing! That is a lesson we are learning, too -- to trust day by day instead of trying to figure it all out ahead of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very excited for you and Laura :) I will be thinking of you often and praying for you! Love, Priscilla

    ReplyDelete