Sunday, November 15, 2009

Who goes to school on Saturday?

Is there ever a good reason to go to school on Saturday...here in Honduras we go!!!! :) We got up at the normal time 4:45 am and were at school the whole day until 1pm!!! Parents had to come and pick up their report cards. Since I am not a homeroom teacher, I didn't have to do much.. I played with the children, and I spoke Spanish with them. This was very fun and relaxing. It was also helpful in building more relationships with them. It is hard to get to know 140 students! At least I have learned all their names praise God for His help!!! One of the first grade boys names is Jacobo. For some reason, I thought that his name was Hector. So for the first 5 weeks of school I called him Hector. He would respond, but very slowly. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. One day, He raised his hand and looked at me and said, "Miss Bethany, my name is Jacobo." I started laughing and laughing, all the first graders joined me and we joked about it for a couple days it was really cute.
Anyway, back to school on Saturday. I was talking with one girl in Spanish, and she kept responding in English. Finally she said, "Miss Bethany, I don't like it when you speak Spanish." I thought this was a very interesting comment. So I asked her, "Why don't you like it? Is it because I don't speak well, or is it because I always speak English with you and it is weird for me to speak Spanish?" She replied that I always talk in English to her so it is weird for me to speak Spanish. So we began to once again speak in English...and I ended up sharing Christ with her!!! And from what I can tell she understood and accepted Him as her Savior!! It made me very excited. This made going to school on Saturday worth it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment