Monday, October 26, 2009

Let the little children come

Tonight while sitting and talking with my parents on skype at Dunkin Donuts.. two little boys came in and were hungry. At first the cashier chased them away. But they came back again. I had decided that if they came back I was going to buy them some food. When they came back the 2nd time I was talking with my parents. The guard tried to shoo them away. My friend Laura told the guard that the boys were coming with us...actually I have no idea what she said..but he left and she brought the boys in. We bought them some food from Burger King and Dunkin Donuts. As they sat there with us..my parents were about to say hi to them on skype...and then we talk with them for a while. They are from the River...which means they basically live in cardboard boxes by the river. We shared a little about how God loves them, then they had to go.
There are so many people that are destitute here. I know that I cannot help all of them. As I was reminded by a friend recently, we were commanded to give to those in need who ask of us.
These little boys reminded me of my state before God. I have nothing to give him but my love, and that doesn't even amount to much. "But God demonstrated His own love toward us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment